1 Box Lasagna Noodles
1 Large Onion
2 Medium Squash
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Tub of Riccotta Cheese
1 Large Can of Ragu (Traditional flavor)
1 Medium Can Tomato Paste
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
A Food Processor
2 Pyrex or Disposable Pans
1. Finely chop the entire onion and four cloves of garlic. Saute on medium heat until clear.
2. While the onion is cooking, cut both squashes and put them in the food processor. Add to the onion/garlic mixture.
3. Pour the tomato sauce into a large pot and put on medium heat.
4. Once the onion/garlic/squash has cooked down a little, add it to the tomato sauce. Stir.
5. Add in the can of tomato paste. Rinse the can of paste and fill it with water. Add to the simmering sauce mixture.
6. Add in about 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce and salt to taste.
7. Cook for about 45 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook whole box of lasagna noodles according to directions on box.
3. Coat bottom of one pan with a layer of sauce.
4. Strain noodles. Fill each noodle with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and roll.
5. Place rolled noodle in pan with seam down.
6. Continue until entire tray is full.
7. Add another layer of sauce and set pan aside.
8. Repeat all steps in second pan.
Once both pans are done, cover them with tinfoil and put in the oven for about 40 minutes. After, take the tin foil off and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Put back into the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Once finished, let the manacotti sit out and cool for about 30 minutes. Your manacotti will be runny if you skip this step.